Friday, December 7, 2012

kaniko


Tiny Pine Cone Elves -- set of 3 ornaments
"Hi there -- I'm Karina and the artist behind kaniko. Thanks for visiting! If you take a peek around, you can see that I love creating with a variety of materials and am inspired by vintage, fairy tale designs. My creations are each lovingly crafted by me in my cottage studio, made to add a special touch to life's celebrations with unique and personalized artistry. I grew up in Connecticut, and still miss the quiet nature and woods that surrounded my childhood. I think this early influence can be seen in my work ;) My professional background includes experiences as an environmental activist, educator, writer, illustrator, actress...to name a few! But there has always been an artistic impulse and the desire to create in the background, and now I'm so glad it's in the foreground! Much thanks and gratitude to Etsy for providing an outlet :) Living in the San Francisco Bay Area fills me with inspiration, as does daily life with my artistic husband, energetic boy, and sweet baby girl. Our small but colorful home is filled with art, love, and life, and a lot of comical moments."
bio written by Karina via her etsy profile

No comments: