Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lauren Sandler Studio


Pinched cup with incised lines and copper glaze
"I am an artist living in the Hudson Valley of New York State, about 2 hours north of New York City, where I grew up. My introduction to ceramics was through the study of artifacts as a student of Anthropology. I was immediately drawn to the physical evidence and tangibility of these ancient objects. I loved how they inhabited the physical world of our lives through utility, while also functioning as metaphors for shifting meaning, means of connection, and measurements of time. After over a decade of working with clay I still feel challenged and inspired by its complexities and endless possibilities. Here you will find mostly my functional pots that I make out of a love of the physicality of working with clay and a gratefulness to work with a material with a history of use and accessibility."
bio written by Lauren via her etsy profile
WEBSITE * ETSY

No comments: