Friday, December 16, 2011

call IT courtney


Vintage-retro tinsel ornament/face wreath
"I'm all about the thrill of the hunt. I canvas thrift stores, estate sales, and even those sketchy antique stores that no girl in her right mind would walk into alone. I'm looking for that one awesome thing that is irrevocably unique. I think the pc term for what I make is vintage altered art assemblage. But let me break it down...I find cool old stuff and make it into cool new stuff.
While some of my pieces might bare a striking family resemblance, because they're vintage by nature, they're truly one of a kind. What I find determines what I make, so it's hard to pin point what's next in the repertoire. You can sometimes call IT kitschy, sometimes call IT shabby, sometimes call IT retro, but you can always call IT courtney."
bio written by Courtney via her etsy profile
BLOG * ETSY

4 comments:

SuZeFashion said...

Pretty! I love finding new uses for old things! Thanks for sharing!

Courtney Snowden said...

Jenny,
Thanks so much for the shout out!

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

WOOT! Great one! love the faces and the super bright balls :-}

Lorraine

Country Life said...

hi... your blog is very nice and full of inspiration. have a great sunday!
bye, veronica.