Saturday, May 14, 2011

daily threads


Notepad Portfolio 9
"I'm Lolita and I love to sew.
As a working artist living in beautiful North Florida, inspiration abounds here in the deep, saturated colors that ignite under the bright Florida sunshine. I love texture, bold pattern, whimsy, geometrics, collage and the elements of surprise and discovery. I find questions more intriguing than answers.
I learned how to use a sewing machine as a young teenager and since then have sewn countless articles of clothing, hats, shoes, bags, accessories, quilts, placemats, potholders, aprons, napkins, pillows, curtains...well, you get the idea. Perhaps when I've made everything there is to make out of fabric, I will sleep a deep sleep under my quilt.
My favorite quote from poet Rumi - 'Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment'"
bio written by Lolita via her etsy profile

No comments: