Sunday, April 10, 2011

the horizon

the horizon by brookeshaden
the horizon, a photo by brookeshaden on Flickr.

Featuring Miss Aniela..It is so much fun photographing her because she is so aware of the camera and how she looks in front of it, and what it is like to work behind it as well. I told her about this image, told her to look off into the distance, and she fell so naturally into a pose. I had another person in this but in the end felt that it was too distracting and cluttered so that detail didn't make the cut.
I have really been trying to push myself lately and shoot things that perhaps I would not have a bit ago. I have been trying to shoot the sky and gain more knowledge in that area.
This was hugely inspired by a Snuggle Fabric Softener commercial I saw when I was a child. It featured a woman next to her house on top of a hill hanging her super soft laundry on the clothes line. I remember thinking how badly I wanted to live there. I thought it looked like the nicest place on earth, and I still feel that way. However, I've always enjoyed thinking about that commercial in a darker, more ominous way...so this is the result of those visions.
Miss Aniela's title would have been: "Waiting for Teddy" :-D
Assistance by Christopher John Hills V and Kathrine Stapleton.

No comments: