Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Quiet House


The Jonty Chunky Tuck Smock Dress, tea dyed linen, removable collar and crochet butterfly ribbon belt
"The Quiet House is about being at home - in your clothes, in your skin, in who you are and what you believe in. In my mind's eye, my quiet house has bare floorboards worn smooth with age, a pot-bellied stove in winter, a home-made swing in the yard in summer, my nanna's vintage crocheted afghan on the tired yet comfy couch where an outrageously behaved and beloved dog reclines, and pretty mismatched china for my tea - made in a vintage teapot, of course!
I hope to provide you with fuss-free garments and accessories that reflect a quieter, simpler way of life than what I've been known for in my other store (www.MaisyBrownReproRetro.etsy.com). My favourite, pure linen, will make a regular appearance, along with pretty fabric both new and thrifted, vintage doilies, crochet, and tablecloths upcycled and transformed into easy to wear, feminine garments, bags and slippers."
bio written by TheQuietHouse via the etsy profile

2 comments:

Maisy Brown said...

Jenny, thank you very much!

Oil painting for beginners said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel