Saturday, February 5, 2011

piecake primitives


Primitive Valentine Folk Art Mermaid Doll
"Hi! After working many years in Retail management, I decided I needed a change. I went to working Part-time, and I had a baby. My baby boy is now 11 years old!
I have always loved making things. My family has quite a few things that I have made. My mom and dad were cleaning their attic one day after my beloved Gram passed away in 1999, and they found my her sewing machine. Gram would always tell us stories of growing up during the Depression, and how her family made the most of what they had. She lived with us all my life, so Gram was a great inspiration to me. Not knowing if it worked or not, I asked if I could have the sewing machine. I starting goofing around with it, being inspired by things I would see at craft shows, ect. Making dolls and other primitive things has become my passion.
One day, I hope to be able to be at home all the time to create.
I truly believe you should follow your dreams......."
bio written by Lorraine via her etsy profile
BLOG * ETSY

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for featuring my mermaid girl!
Have a wonderful day!!