Sunday, February 6, 2011

Caracarmina


Your own Valentine Card (textile collage)
"My real name is Norma Andreu and I´m from Mexico City now living in Montreal. I'm very happy you've decided to visit. I'm a painter and an illustrator and more recently a textile artist!!! who loves children's books, everything you see here is hand made by me and I hope you like it!
CLOTH DOLLS:
Every doll is made by me with my sewing machine and with some hand embroidery, I have different ones: UOMI’s, Grumpies, Cluns, Magical Creatures and the No one’s children. For the first three I made a pattern so even if each one of them is a one of a kind because of the fabrics, colors and dress code, they all look the same shape. In the case of the No one’s children and Magical Creatures they are all a unique piece because I have no pattern and the faces and dresses are made out with a combination of free motion stitching and my imagination, they are like children illustrations alive!!! I draw the faces with the threads in the moment and I choose the fabrics, buttons and shapes in the very moment I’m doing it!!!! They are just unique!!!!"
BIO WRITTEN BY NORMA VIA HER ETSY PROFILE
BLOG1 * BLOG2
* PREVIOUS WORK * TWITTER * FACEBOOK

1 comment: