Friday, December 3, 2010

jenny n design


Traveler in Red Toile
"I'm a 24-year-old Biomedical Engineer turned Fashion Designer. I graduated in May 2009 with a Bachelors in Biomedical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin (Go Longhorns!), but decided to go full-time designing hand bags instead. Best decision ever.
I sketch the final silhouettes of each bag in a notebook, then reverse engineer the design to create a template. I meticulously assess each dimension to minimize waste and scraps while still maintaining high aesthetic. Then I cut the fabric and start sewing on my industrial sewing machine!
I photograph and model all my products. My unpaid male model intern (my boyfriend) models my men's bags. He's my favorite.
I make all of my products in a smoke-free studio with a Pug named Hubert sleeping at my feet during the process. All items are made with lots of love and care."
bio written by Jenny via her etsy profile
BLOG * ETSY

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love this bag! The fabric is beautiful!

jenny said...

Thanks for the feature! :)