Thursday, November 25, 2010

wendy jung ceramics


Medium Porcelain Nightlight
"I have always been into making things. Not just in ceramics, but anything; wood, paper, metal, card, beads, fabric...... I'm happiest pottering at home or in the garden. I hate waste and love salvaging and collecting beautiful old things, too many things apparently. 
For ten years I have been working with clay creating handmade functional objects. I also sell some of the curiosities I collect.
Almost all of my work is made using a technique called slip casting. I have an idea and then make the necessary plaster models and moulds. I love working in white porcelain and have perfected the technique of piercing to produce unusual pierced light forms and tea light holders. I also make vases, hanging ornaments / decorations, things for my house, whatever else I feel like doing. 
Everything is made at my studio in the beautiful Sussex countryside in Battle, just outside Hastings."
bio written by wendy via her etsy profile

No comments: