Friday, July 23, 2010

marigold jen


Swimming Hole--hand dyed worsted weight yarn
"Sewing is my true passion, but after learning how to dye a couple of
years ago, I've been hooked on the endless variations of color that
swirl about in my dyepot. By day, I assist in a Montessori toddler
classroom, but at night, I craft (or cuddle with my three cats and a
good book). My other hobby, gardening, helps me to imagine soft
nature-inspired colorways, and of course the children that I work with
lend inspiration as well!
My favorite fiber to dye is merino because it's a versatile
extra-snuggly fiber. Non-superwash merino felts beautifully, and
superwash merino is perfect for knitting projects which will be washed
frequently (it's especially nice for babies)."
bio written by Jenny via her etsy profile

No comments: