Saturday, July 17, 2010

mandrel


Sprite (Lampwork bead set)
"During my first lampworking course I knew that I had finally found the passion that I had been seeking for quite awhile.
A bit about my background:
After earning a fine arts degree, I worked as a professional visual artist (focused primarily on artist books and site specific installation work), an art gallery director, and as a set and puppet designer.
From this, I sidestepped into the world of corporate design and communications. I have been doing this for approximately 200 years now (okay, okay, maybe it only *feels* like that ).
Unless specified, my beads are made on 1/16 inch mandrels. All the beads for sale have been handmade by myself in my studio.
I live in Nova Scotia, which is very close to being an island (but you did NOT hear that from me ;-) ) on the east coast of Canada."
bio written by Kim via her etsy profile

No comments: