Wednesday, June 9, 2010

sarah hickey


"I launched my jewellery business in 2006 while living in New York and studying jewellery design in Manhattan. After recently returning to my native North East England I now work from my studio in rural Northumberland where I live with my husband, my toddler Miles and my baby Juliette.I design pieces in Rolled Gold/Gold Filled and Sterling Silver inspired by organic forms and delicate craftsmanship; I also regularly create bespoke pieces on commission. I studied for my degree in Art History in London before I learnt the art of jewellery craftsmanship, and it is my love of art that regularly informs my work, to me my pieces are my art.My work offers a unique and feminine aesthetic. I go to great lengths to source beautiful and unique stones which are faceted by hand. My work entails a lot of hand hammering and intricate wire wrapping. My customers are astute individuals with a great eye for detail and love of the little things that are truly beautiful in life."
bio written by sarah via her etsy profile

ETSY * WEBSITE * BLOG

1 comment:

pigwidget said...

Thanks again for following my blog! If you haven't seen it already, you might be interested in my first giveaway that I am currently running. Pop a comment on this post ...http://pigwidget.blogspot.com/2010/06/100th-post-and-giveaway.html... and automatically be entered into the 'Nauti-Lass Piratess' draw this Sunday!

Thank you & Good luck!