Saturday, June 5, 2010

cara cascio design's


"I have been interested in jewelry design since I worked in jewelry sales for almost seven years. I sold fine jewelry, but was always more fascinated by colored gemstones rather than diamonds which the public seemed to favor. After changing jobs, I began to dabble in jewelry design, and for the past three years have fine-tuned my skills by self-learning and taking the odd class here and there. My ultimate goal was to be able to use my skills to create the designs I envisioned in my head, and I am now happy to say that I have achieved it. I am inspired by different textures, color combinations, opacities, shapes and sizes of stones to create a pleasing conction, always using the contrast between light and dark to add depth. My materials are mostly sterling silver, all-natural brass, and gold-filled findings, as well as any and all colored gemstones, glass beads and crystals that I can get my hands on. I hope that my pieces inspired you as they have me."
bio written by cara via her etsy profile

1 comment:

Cara Cascio Design said...

Thank you very much for featuring my shop in your blog! I'm honored!